Mild Steel Welder needed for a company in the Temple area. If you fit all the criteria listed, please call our office and set up an appointment to come fill out an application. You will need 2 forms of ID and a copy of your resume to submit to the hiring company for review. Resume will not be submitted to the hiring company until you have completed to application process. Appointments are made Monday thru Thursday.
PAY RATE: $15.00 TO $18.00 DOE
In a fast paced manufacturing facility, the Mild Steel Welder reads and uses blue prints, tape measure, square, appropriate welding machine of fit-up, tack, and finish welding for mild steel products. Requires shop math, skills including knowledge of angles. Requires knowledge of general shop practices and shop safety. Must be able to recognize and measure various steel types and sizes. Studies indicate that the noise from welding equipment exceed OSHA limitations during an 8 hour weighted average. This position will require a hearing conservation baseline and entry into the hearing conservation program. The use of hearing protection is a requirement of this position. Requires good oral communication skills, listening skills, and ability to learn. Works independently and in cooperation with other employees. Operates forklift truck, overhead cranes and hoists.
- Attendance present at scheduled shift to perform assigned tasks.
- Comply with shop department safety rules and practices.
- Safely operates welding equipment, grinders, band saws, and pneumatic tools.
- Accurately reads and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to fit up, tack, and finish welding for mild steel and stainless steel products.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry for distance to 25 feet.
- other duties as assigned.