Nan Vaden’s Temple Temps is looking for experienced welders for a company here in the Temple area. Please com to our office and fill out an application, you will need 2 forms of ID and a resume to submit to the hiring company for review. We take applications Monday thru Thursday between 9:00am and 4:00pm.
Reporting to the Weidematic Supervisor, the Weidematic Layout Fabricator is a detail-oriented, skilled employee who uses blueprints, tape measure, square, brake press, shear, and 45-ton turret press to fabricate steel parts for production of food and battery handling equipment. Daily, Layout Fabricators use shop math skills including knowledge of angles. They recognize and measure steel of various types and sizes, use good oral communication skills, listening skills, and their ability to learn. They apply their knowledge of shop safety at all times, i.e., when using standard shop tools, equipment, grinders and fork trucks. The Layout Fabricator candidate must be able work independently and in cooperation with other employees and interact with all levels of management and supervision. The Fabricator should be able to set-up and operate a shear, brake press, and with some training, the 45-ton turret press.
- ABILITY TO READ TAPE MEASURE.
- Accurately read and interpret blueprints.
- Comply with Shop and Department Safety Rules and practices.
- Accurately identify and measure steel from stock.
- Safely operate grinders, shears, brake presses and turret press.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and carry for distances to 15 feet.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities and Other Attributes:
- Knowledge of Shop and Electrical Safety and safe equipment operating practices.
- Ability to accurately read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to learn new equipment and to accomplish one-of-a-kind and prototype layouts.
- Reading comprehension skills sufficient to understand written directions; shop math skills sufficient to accurately make basic calculations necessary to complete assigned jobs.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to focus with many distractions in a noisy work environment.
- Strong work-ethic (i.e., committed to high-quality, punctual/good attendance, stays busy and productive).
- Ability to work alone or with others and to interact with all levels of management.
1. Hours per day – 7:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Thursday, 7:00am to 11:00am Friday, with overtime as required.
2. Work Breaks – 2 10-minute breaks daily. 30-minute lunch break.
PAY RATE $15.00 TO $17.00 AN HOUR DOE